The key to better profitability and long-term success in farming is by improving the factors that you can control and limiting the impact of the factors that are out of your control. Maximizing the genetic potential of a seed to achieve higher yields is one of the factors that growers can positively impact through farming production practices. In fact this is a key message that we have heard from ag industry expert, Dr. Fred Below.
As growers look to increase profitability by achieving higher yields, they know the most effective way is to use a systems approach to accomplish their yield goals.
One way to get their crops off to a strong start is by extending the planting season, by planting earlier in the spring. Since early season planting conditions often include cooler, wet soils, growers are looking for ways to help their plants emerge quicker and stronger even in less than ideal conditions.
- In-furrow application of crop nutrients is one of the ways growers are helping their crops have a quicker emergence and develop stronger and healthier over their entire growth cycle.
- Growers also know that maximizing the amount of nutrients available to their plants is important way to increase their yield and profitability within their farming operations.
- Successful growers work to maximize the nutrients already present in their soil and
- Efficiently maximize the nutrients available in the fertilizer that they are adding to the soil
West Central understands the importance of maximizing the genetic potential of the seed in combination with making sure that growers are getting the best use of the nutrients in their soil and in their fertilizer. This is why they originally developed Levesol™, the only ortho ortho EDDHA chelating agent on the market.
Using Levesol increases the levels of available phosphorus and increases yields across a large variety of crops, including soybeans.
- Levesol unlocks nutrients that are tied up in the soil, and helps crops use the nutrients in the fertilizer more efficiently.
- Levesol is mobile in the plant for season-long activity.
- With hundreds of trials to date, Levesol’s technology has shown consistent increases in phosphorus, zinc and other key micronutrient availability.
Levesol is effective at increasing nutrient availability and yield in soybeans. This is why West Central recently launched a new starter fertilizer called SoyShot™ as an addition to their Levesol family of products.
Growers are now able to use SoyShot to get the same positive benefits with Levesol but with the increased benefits of nutrient package for more effective soybean fertility.
- SoyShot was developed with an extremely low salt index to provide maximum crop safety for soybeans.
- Growers are able to confidently place SoyShot directly in the furrow during planting, knowing it will not harm their seed.
- As a starter fertilizer, SoyShot has an extremely low use rate of 1-2 gallons per acre, making it an economical choice for growers to maximize nutrient efficiency and protect their profitability.
- SoyShot contains the chelating agent Levesol, which has been proven to increase the availability of phosphorus and the micronutrients in the fertilizer as well as the nutrients already present in the soil.
- In one of our most recent studies, average soybean yields increased by 4.5 bushels per acre.
- The principal functioning agents in SoyShot include:
- Phosphorus (P2O5)……..10%
- Potassium (K2O)…………10%
Also contains ortho-ortho EDDHA.
Contact your West Central account manager or your local retailer to find out how SoyShot can help you provide your crop with enhanced nutrient availability to improve the speed of emergence and overall soybean plant health to increase your yield and overall profitability with soybeans.