Highlighted below are some recent LIFT articles and interviews that demonstrate the increasing interest in in-furrow technologies and improved crop production strategies.
CropLife produced this video segment featuring an interview with West Central’s Dean Hendrickson [2:25]:
CropLife’s eNewsletter contained information on FMC’s launch of their new in-furrow insecticide/fungicide combo.
Iowa Farm Bureau Spokesman
Iowa Farm Bureau quoted Dr. Fred Below’s presentation from our LIFT summit in their article referencing the corn yield gap:
“‘There’s a huge yield gap between the yields most growers get and what is possible,’ says Below, a plant physiology professor at the University of Illinois.”
At the LIFT summit, Richard Molenaar with the Climate Corporation talked about the science behind their Climate Fieldview Pro Nitrogen Advisor, which is covered in this article by Minnesota Farm Guide:
“‘We want to be good stewards of the land,’ said Molenaar. ‘Using this data sets the stage for asking how we can do a better job of nitrogen management.’”
Steve Roehl was featured on Red River Farm Network’s Inside Agriculture segment to discuss chelation in fertilizer.
And Blake Murnan was featured discussing seed treatment for soybeans.
Red River Farm Network also broadcast segments including the following:
- A Focus on In-Furrow
- Rick Ekins from FMC discussing their Ethos™ XB Insecticides
- Steve Roehl explaining West Central’s Performance Pledge Guarantee programs
- Dan Kaiser from the University of Minnesota providing information on phosphorus deficiencies and fertilizer considerations
- Fred Below addressing the corn yield gap
- Jason Moulin from Dow AgroSciences explaining how to manage nitrogen